Bright LOAF city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire - Viva LOAF Vegas, baby! Here at GoNanas we are striking up a brand new series called Life Changing Loaves and this very first episode goes out to the King himself - that’s right, Mr. Elvis Presley. Now, we all know he is the moment. Isn’t he always?! But we will take any chance to celebrate the King when the King is trending. And what better way than with a hunk o’ hunk o’ burnin’... LOAF?! Yas. You heard that right. Today, let’s dive in and make a delicious Peanut Butter and Bacon and BANANA BREAD Loaf. Yes, this really happened. And we loved every second of it. May we present to you: THE ELVIS LOAF.
Let’s get you all set up with everything you need! Grab yourself a pack of Chocolate Chip GoNanas Banana Bread Mix and as always 3 bananas. Then you will need 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 tablespoons of the milk of your choice, and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Next, set aside half a cup of peanut butter chips and 6 slices of Vegan bacon. Et voila! You are set up for success with everything you need. For what it’s worth, we would also recommend having your favorite Elvis Presley records on hand. Perhaps the Lilo and Stitch soundtrack. But that part is up to you.
Here is the how to! First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grab yourself a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Go ahead and grease that baby like Elvis’ hair and then flour it OR line the whole thing with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, combine the Chocolate Chip GoNanas Banana Bread mix, mashed bananas, oil, maple, milk, peanut butter chips and 2/3rds of the bacon. Whisk it all together. Bake that all until a toothpick comes out clean, which should be about 1 hour. Let it cool for 10 minutes in a pan, then turn it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Time to make your glaze! Whisk together melted peanut butter, powdered sugar and salt. Drizzle over cooled banana bread and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. And you are good to go!
ELVIS INSPIRED BANANA BREAD
Easy DECADENT hunk of burnin love.
- 1 Chocolate Chip GoNanas Banana Bread Mix
- 3 Bananas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 6 slices of vegan bacon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan, or line with parchment paper.
- 2. In a medium size bowl, combine the GoNanas, mashed bananas, oil, maple, milk, peanut butter chips and 2/3rds of the bacon. Whisk together.
- 3. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes in a pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- 4. Make glaze: Whisk together melted peanut butter, powdered sugar and salt. Drizzle over cooled banana bread and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.