Whenever one visits New York City, some would argue that one of the MUST visit spots any person should make is to Magnolia Bakery. Now I love Magnolia Bakery for many reasons. First, who doesn’t love delicious baked goods ranging from cupcakes to cheesecakes, to cookies?! I promise you that any treat that you pick up during your visit will not disappoint (the German chocolate cheesecake is one of my favorites!) Second, in 1996, Magnolia Bakery was founded by an ALL-FEMALE DUO, Jennifer Appel and Allysa Torey. By now, I think you are all aware about how us at GoNanas feel about female owned companies #girlpower. Even though Jennifer and Allysa sold their bakery in 2006, the brand that they built is the reason for the bakery’s success to this day. Third, and perhaps the most important reason as to why I love Magnolia Bakery so much is…. the decadent, flavor-packed, light and creamy banana pudding.
Magnolia Bakery has actually released their recipe on how to make their house staple treat. Now let me just say, when I read the ingredients on how to make the banana pudding for the first time, I almost passed out. I have been known for polishing off an entire large tub of their banana pudding in one sitting. My original thinking was ‘how could this not be healthy for you?’ as the main ingredients to the treat are bananas, vanilla pudding, and some Nilla wafers. However, I was wrong. Magnolia Bakery crafts their signature treat by using sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, instant vanilla pudding, bananas, and Nilla wafers. I’m not saying that it is wrong to let yourself enjoy this treat on the occasion, but I have decided to create a healthier alternative to this treat that tastes just as good as the original banana bread pudding you can get from the bakery!
All you need to make this easy recipe is the bare minimum. To make this recipe, you will 1 muffin or piece of your favorite GoNanas banana bread (you can buy banana bread baking mixes at eatgonanas.com), ½ of a banana, ½ cup of Jello instant sugar free vanilla pudding (when making the vanilla pudding, follow the recipes on the box on how to make it with non-dairy milk), and toppings or add ins of your choice. The best part about this recipe? It is completely customizable! If you are in the mood for a classic banana bread that reminds you of your nana’s famous banana bread recipe, make this recipe with the Original banana bread mix! If you are a chocolate fan, make this recipe with a chocolate chip banana bread muffin! If you want to get in some extra fiber and a bit more crunch, whip up this recipe with the Crackly banana bread mix! Are you feeling a bit basic and are in the mood for some pumpkin spice? Well, I got you covered! You can make this recipe with the pumpkin spice banana bread mix! Personally, even though I have made this recipe with all of GoNanas vegan cake mixes, and have yet to be disappointed, my favorite way to make this recipe is by using either the original banana bread or chocolate chip banana bread. In addition, I love to add some extra add ins and toppings! Two of my favorite ingredients to add are blueberries for freshness and some chocolate chips sprinkled on top for a bit of crunch. However, you can also add whatever toppings your heart desires and I’m sure it will turn out amazing. If you are not in the mood for no toppings or add ins, no worries because the banana pudding on its own is out of this world!
Ingredients you’ll need
- 1 Muffin/piece of GoNanas Banana Bread Mix
- The best addition to any recipe! GoNanas is not only a great additive because of how delicious it is, but it is also amazing for you! All of the mixes are made with wholesome, real ingredients that you know and love. In addition, GoNanas is vegan, gluten free, and top allergen free, so it is able to accommodate most dietary needs. This recipe can be made with any of GoNanas banana bread mixes. Available for purchase at eatgonanas.com.
- ½ Medium Ripe Banana, sliced
- Bananas are a perfect natural sweetener, energy booster, as well as packed with vitamin C and potassium.
- ½ cup of Jello sugar free instant vanilla pudding
- I can’t tell the difference between Jello’s sugar free vanilla pudding and their original vanilla pudding! Switching to the sugar free pudding mix is a great way to continue eating this indulgent treat in a healthier way.
- Optional Add ins and Toppings of your choice
- Like I have already mentioned, there is no need to add anything to this recipe, however, I believe adding blueberries and chocolate chips for a bit of texture take this recipe to the next level!
- Make Jello sugar free instant vanilla pudding. Place in refrigerator and allow to rest for 20 minutes or until fully set.
- Grab a bowl or cup.
- Begin layering the treat. My favorite way to layer the recipe is by adding a layer of vanilla pudding, then adding a layer of broken up pieces of a GoNanas muffin or piece of a loaf. I then top the layer of GoNanas with another layer of vanilla pudding. After, I add a layer of banana slices and blueberries and then repeat until I use all of the ingredients. I then top the banana pudding with some chocolate chips and dig in!
Once you complete assembling the recipe, it is ready to eat! This recipe is refrigerable, however, I would recommend eating it withing 2 days of making it. As a reminder, all of GoNanas banana bread baking mixes are allergen-free, vegan, and gluten-free! Therefore, you can whip up this recipe for anyone and everyone to enjoy!
Just like all of GoNanas other vegan/gf baking recipes, this recipe can be made with any of GoNanas banana bread baking mix flavors. To buy banana bread online, visit https://eatgonanas.com. If you try out this easy recipe, I would love to see your creations! Tag us on instagram @go_nanas and follow us on Tik Tok @gonanas.
More Similar Recipes
- Healthy Potluck Desserts to Make at Home
- The Most Delicious Desserts without Flour in 2021
- Banana Bread Chipwich
- This recipe can be made with any GoNanas mix!
- You can add whatever toppings or mix ins that you desire! My favorites are blueberries and chocolate chips.
- This recipe is perfect as a midafternoon snack or dessert
- This recipe can be stored up to 2 days in the refrigerator but is best eaten immediately.