Perfection. That is the only word to describe these insanely delicious vegan brownie-banana bread combo. There is nothing worse than biting into a dry, dull, bland brownie that has basically no spring or fluff. On the other hand, a juicy bite from a delectable soft, yet chewy brownie is that of no other. And to top that off, just imagine a perfectly toasted slice of vegan banana bread underneath. A true combination made in heaven.
Well, with these incredible slutty banana bread brownies, you can have a slice of heaven, all in one hour from start to finish. These bars are surprisingly super easy to master and whip up for everyone to enjoy. Starting with the base of GoNanas banana bread, this layer serves to add form and stability to the towering bars. Adding a fudgy layer of brownie on top allows for even more softness and gooeyness within the brownies, allowing for a perfect texture balance of both dense and soft.
This easy banana bread recipe makes gluten free baking and vegan baking a snap. Not to mention, it is also fairly nutritious, as the GoNanas mix is full of fiber-rich oat flour, which keeps you satiated for an extremely large amount of time when compared to all-purpose flour. For the oil, I would suggest using avocado oil for optimal nutritional and taste. Avocado oil is filled with extremely healthy fats, and is neutral tasting so it will not mess with the taste of the bars. I promise it doesn’t taste like avocado! If you are oil free, you can also substitute yogurt or even vegan cream cheese!
The best part hands down about this recipe, is how customizable and flexible it is to make this vegan banana bread that is also gluten free. The more layers you add to these slutty brownies, the better tasting it is. There are combinations under the sun, such as adding a layer of plain or flavored Oreos (Gluten-free oreos of course!), adding a cake layer, adding a cookie layer, possibly a layer of pretzels… I would highly suggest adding a layer of something salty, like potato chips or pretzels because the sweet and salty combo is always a fav of mine. Another thing you can customize is the flavor of GoNanas. I recommend the chocolate chip mix because I am a chocolate aficionado, but you can really use any mix you would like, such as plain, crackly, or even salted caramel. Basically the vegan baking and gluten free baking possibilities are endless with this dessert!
Now, who can enjoy this treat?? Because of its customizability and the fact that GoNanas Banana Bread Mixes are completely gluten free, vegan, dairy free, and top-allergen free, ANYONE can enjoy this treat. It will be a hit at any party! I made these for my friends who don’t like banana bread, and they died for these slutty brownies. They said they didn’t even taste the banana flavor and the brownies were some of the best they have tried. This is the only gf and vegan banana bread and brownie treat you need in your life.
Ok but real talk… The reason I make this recipe so often is because of the IMMACULATE smell that comes from these puppies. It is unlike anything you have ever smelt. Imagine the most incredible banana, sweet bread smell, mixed with chocolatey, fudgy goodness. It is that times 10. I swear you can smell it from miles away. So make these slutty vegan and gluten free brownies when you have guests over, and they will remember your house and stay forever. It is that life-changing.
Therefore, you literally HAVE to try this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a 9x9 pan with either parchment paper or grease the pan with butter/oil.
Start off by mashing 3 very ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl with a masher or fork. Once completely mashed, add in your maple syrup, melted and cooled oil, and milk of choice.
Then choose what type of GoNanas mix you would like and put the whole bag into the bowl, stirring until there are no clumps.
If you would like to add something extra to the banana bread layer, now is your time, such as extra chocolate or fruit.
Then, spread your banana bread layer onto the pan, making sure to cover each and every corner and section. You do not want a piece that doesn’t include both layers.
Grab a microwave safe bowl and add in your chocolate. Microwave on high for 30 second increments, stirring consistently until completely melted.
Now, in another bowl and add your flour, oil, sugar, vanilla, melted chocolate, milk, and cacao powder.
Stir until there are no clumps, and add in any extras such as extra chocolate chips.
Now, before adding your layer of brownie, add any extra layers you would like on top of the banana bread layer, such as the previously discussed pretzels or other salty snacks.
Then, add in your brownie layer, again making sure all parts are covered.
Pop in the oven for about 35-50 minutes, checking constantly to make sure they do not burn.
After baked to prime slutty brownie consistency, take out of oven and let cool. Try to wait to let them cool, as the cooling process really makes sure both layers stay intact when you cut the bars. But, if you need to eat them, just go right in. Trust me, it is really hard to wait when these come out of the oven.
Banana bread layer:
- GoNanas Banana Bread Mix of Choice
- 3 bananas
- 2 tbsp any milk or liquid
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup any flour (all purpose recommended)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup any sugar (white sugar recommended)
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup any chocolate
- 1 cup any milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Fereinheit and line or grease a 9x9 pan
- Place bananas into bowl and mash
- Put any milk or liquid you would like, the maple syrup and oil into the bowl, stirring until well-combined
- Place into pan with whatever add-ins you would like
- Next, melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time to make sure chocolate does not burn
- Place melted chocolate in a new bowl with flour, sugar, oil, vanilla, cacao powder, and milk. Feel free to add in extra chocolate chips or chunks.
- Add in brownie layer on top of banana bread layer, making sure every inch covered by both layers.
- Place in oven for around 40 minutes, checking constantly to test to your liking
- Take out, let cool for 30 minutes and enjoy!!
- For extremely easy cleanup, use both parchment paper and a spray oil
- Any pan will do, but a 9x9 makes the perfect height of slutty brownies
- Feel free to add any extra layers of your liking, mentioned before (chips, pretzels, fruit, cookies, chocolate, Oreos)
- Any GoNanas mix will work in this recipe!
- Any flour will probably work, except for the best and fluffiest results, I would suggest using all-purpose
- You can also use any sugar, such as white sugar, caster sugar, stevia, or coconut sugar, but I would stay away from brown sugar because it might alter the taste and consistency because of the molasses added.
- You can always use whatever oil or butter you have on hand. You can even use vegan butter if that is your preference!
- Any nut milk or regular milk can be used in this recipe. Really whatever you have in your fridge will work. Water can even work, it is just not recommended, as a watery brownie is usually a no-go in my books.
- The oven times will vary extremely as everyone has their idea of what a good and baked brownie should be. Personally, I like mine more undercooked and softer.
- As far as the chocolate goes for the brownie layer, the better quality the chocolate, the richer and more fancy your bars will taste. That being said, if you really love the taste of Hershey’s, go ahead and use that! It’s completely up to you.